Friday, 7 February 2014

I was waiting for you to close your eyes...

It has been a while since I wrote a post of just some thoughts with a song lyric as a title.  I've not had much to say lately as I have been working, and working, and working.  I have done some cool stuff too though.

This whole working remotely/travelling thing has taught me a few things about myself.  Basically, I like being around people.  I don't need to speak to them all the time, in fact I'd prefer not to sometimes, but I like them to be there.

Also I really like coming home to my home.  And the main thing that makes my home my home is that M is there (and all our stuff).

M's mum and step-dad came to visit last week and felt at home in our home.  This means we are doing something right.  They also thought it was pretty cool.  It is.  We are so lucky.  They also LOVED the rhubarb crumble cake I made. LOVED it.  I felt pretty chuffed.

I really like being able to cook after a hard day and to eat proper home cooked food for more of the time than not.  It makes me feel way better in more ways than you might expect.

OH OH OH and sugar and caffeine make me a little hard to be around (and be).  I get shouty and jumpy and jittery and if I then have more I may start crying.  That is most definitely something I want to avoid.  This links well with the point above this one.

I met with a recruiter last week and she summed up some of what I should get from my next job as that  I love developing people and I love fixing things.  I think she got a pretty good handle on me.

The year of the wood horse is meant to mean good things for a water pig like me which is cool.  The year of the snake was meant to be disastrous but I think it wasn't too bad now I have some distance from it.

This is the song I got the lyrics from, September Song by The Hosts. Enjoy


4 comments:

  1. Have I ever mentioned how much I like your taste in music?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you - I love yours too - we clearly have great taste x

      Delete
  2. I always enjoy stream of consciousness posts with song lyrics as titles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are the Queen of that kind of post x

      Delete

I love to read your comments, and always do read them and reply, even if it takes me a couple of days.

Related Posts with Thumbnails